If classical interiors have recently become more multifaceted, then coastal interiors are more stable and unchangeable. A traditional coastal design should always remind everyone about warm days near the sea, even if the warm days are gone and the sea is far away. If you want to create a coastal design in your house, you should take into account several features of this interior style.
Coastal interior features:
- Coastal interior is usually done in light colors. The most widespread colors are white, blue, and beige. The prevailing color is white, blue and other colors that are used to set off white.
- A comfortable and big sofa is the gravity center of coastal design. In most cases designers prefer light colors of sofas but sometimes you can see pictures of coastal interiors with navy blue sofas or bright pillows.
- If you want to add some color to your interior, use different shades of green, especially light green or olive. If you have big windows that overlook trees, no need to add more greenness to your room.
- Use only natural materials: wood, cane furniture and natural accessories (twigs, sea shells, natural textile).
- The more accessories you have, the better, but they should not be very flashy. Opt for pale-colored sea-scapes, flowers, pillows with navy prints, candles, classic lamps and wooden frames.
Of course, you can add something new in these traditions but be careful with every innovation as it can spoil the whole view.